Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
For centuries, acolytes have been an essential and integral part of worship. Acolytes are young men and women who serve as worship assistants to the pastor. Aspects of their ministry include:
- lighting the candles before worship and extinguishing them at the conclusion of worship
- carrying the cross for processionals, recessionals
- reading of the Holy Gospel
- collecting the offering plates as they brought forward
- serving as assistants at communion as directed by the pastor
If you are in 5th grade or above and would like to serve as an acolyte, please see Mr. Christopher Saraga.