Christ Lutheran Church and School in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA is one of over 2,000 schools within The Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod’s School Ministry assists, equips and uplifts school educators, district staff, and especially education executives and congregational leaders so that through them children may be equipped as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and families.
- Are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school.
- Meet or exceed state and national academic standards at all grade levels.
- Help to develop a minimum of 30 developmental assets in children.
- Have educators who model visionary leadership. They practice stewardship of resources, build up others and empathize with others.
- Have educators who model servant leadership.
- Have educators who model spiritual leadership. They study God’s Word, share their personal faith story, apply Law and Gospel appropriately, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God’s people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION AT CHRIST LUTHERAN SCHOOL
Because of what God has done for us, we care about what children are taught. We want children to know how God, through His Word, helps us to see all subjects – all of life – as a response to His love for us. Therefore, we give special attention to positive, Christian, caring values which are modeled by teachers and reinforced by parents, and practiced by peers. We believe in the dignity, worth and potential of every child now and for eternity. Each human being is loved by God, is precious in God’s sight, and thus we believe that God gives purpose and meaning to each life. It is our responsibility to help each child discover his great worth and see himself as an adopted child of God and a member of God’s family with other brothers and sisters.
Because Christ Lutheran cares about families, we desire to bring children up to know and love God as their Savior from sin and the Lord of their lives. We provide opportunities to teach Christian values and set consistent examples for children recognizing that families which share and practice a common faith in God will be stronger families. God desires that we encourage one another and build one another up. The power to accomplish this is available to children, as well as adults. Christ Lutheran provides an environment in which children and adults can experience repentance, forgiveness, and receive support for new life.
Young people today are confronted with a multitude of conflicting value systems which often leads to confusion. Many of the essential questions of life – Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going? – remain unasked or unanswered. Christ Lutheran holds Jesus Christ as the center of life and that holds us together. In the Bible, we have God’s standards which are valid for parents and children in all circumstances of life… “And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)
Christ Lutheran is concerned with academic excellence and healthy emotional and social growth. We are concerned that each child becomes the best possible person using the gifts that God has given uniquely to that child. We want to focus on a positive, growth oriented way of life that focuses on using God’s gifts in a caring manner so that the child becomes a responsible person to productively serve both God and man. The power of God is at work in His Word. He provides all of His children with fresh starts and wants them to have abundant lives now and forever. We believe there is a power that can change lives – the Word of God. For that reason, we help young people organize their lives around the gift of God’s love and the promise of His forgiveness. Because we know God is at work in the power of the Holy Spirit through His Word, we expect positive things to happen in the lives of teachers, parents, and students.