Schedule a Tour
Your Child’s Path to Success Begins Here
Christ Lutheran Prechool is a 2.5 Year-TK Grade school that’s accredited by the National Lutheran School Commission (NLSC) and the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC). We’re committed to Christian values, and believe in educating the whole child – academic, social, and spiritual.
See for yourself all the ways Christ Lutheran School can give your child the quality education and individualized care they deserve.
Mission and Ministry
Jesus commanded us to “Go and make disciples of all nations” Matthew 28:19. He also told us to, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these,” Matthew 19:14. As the members of Christ Lutheran Church endeavor to carry out the “Great Commission”, we have extended our ministry to include young children and their families. Christ Lutheran Preschool provides daily opportunities for young children and their families to come to know Jesus as their personal Savior and friend. It serves to be a place and program that will provide lessons and activities that bring Jesus Christ into the lives of children through loving, Christian teaching.
The goals of Christ Lutheran Preschool & TK
- Help children to come to know Jesus as their personal Savior.
- Help children feel good about themselves and learn self help skills.
- Help children to become aware of others as they develop relationships with peers as well as adults.
- Help children to gain a sense of accomplishment from their growth in language and vocabulary skills, their ability to listen and follow directions, through fine and gross motor skills, through increased cognitive thinking skills and from the ability to make decisions.
- Broaden children’s learning experience in the six areas of development: spiritual, mental, social, emotional, creative and physical.
Christ Lutheran offers an educational program suited for young children who are turning five by December 31st and who are not yet ready for a Kindergarten classroom.
The class is made up of a small group of students and is taught by one of our qualified Kindergarten teachers.
Daily activities include opportunities for the children to practice and perfect skills in the following areas: language, reading, math, science, music, art, practical life and computer. Time will be allotted for individual instruction as well as group interaction.
While our curriculum covers the skills set forth in the California
Kindergarten Standards, mastery of these skills at this level is not an expectation. Children finishing TK will move on to a Kindergarten setting the following school year.
TK Daily Schedule
- 8:30 – 8:45 am: Arrival
- 8:45 – 9:30: Opening time activities including
- Free Play
- Small Motor Activities
- Science Exploration
- Language Experience
- Individual Assessment
- 9:30 – 9:40: Clean Up
- 9:40 – 10:00: Carpet Time
- 10:00 – 10:15: Snack
- 10:15 – 10:45: Daily Meeting :
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
- Themed Activities
- 10:45 – 11:15: Recess
- 11:15 – 11:45: Arts & Crafts
- 12:00 – 2:45: Lunch & Group Play
TK Monthly Tuition
The following tuition rates apply from September 2023 – August 2024
Christ Lutheran offers options for extended TK. Early and late care is available in the Preschool for an extra cost. Please contact us for details.
Our TK program runs Monday- Friday from 8:30 am- 2:45 pm.
$850 per month
Preschool Daily Schedule
- 7:00 – 9:15 am: Self- directed activities
- 9:15 – 9:30: Morning group time (calendar, story), music and movement
- 9:30 – 9:45: Snack
- 9:45 – 10:00: Restroom and hand washing
- 10:00 – 11:15: Outdoor Centers/Small group rotation
- 11:30 – 11:45: Praise songs and Bible story
- 11:45 – 12:15: Lunch/Library time
- 12:15 – 12:45: Outside play time
- 12:45 – 1:00: Bathroom time/ bed making time
- 1:00 – 2:00: Rest time
- 2:00 – 3:00: Quiet activities
- 3:00 – 3:15: Wake up and clean up
- 3:15 – 3:30: Story and games
- 3:30 – 3:45: Snack
- 3:45 – 5:00: Outside play time
- 5:00 – 5:30: Inside play time
Natalia Camello– Miss Natalia is a Christ Lutheran Alumni who is thankful for the opportunity to return to the place she first learned about Jesus.
Deanna Russo- Preschool Director/TK Teacher. Miss Deanna has been serving the Christ Lutheran Preschool for more than 30 years. She has three adult children, all graduates of Christ Lutheran School. Her aim is to produce life long learners who excel from an early age.
Jay Thompson – Four year old teacher, Miss Jay has been with Christ Lutheran for over 15 years, although she did take some time off to have children of her own but she is back and ready to teach!